- 5 drops saline solution* (or pinch salt)
- ¼ ounce agave syrup
- ¾ ounce Cointreau
- ¾ ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces 100 percent agave blanco tequila (Espolon)
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice, then shake for 10-12 seconds until the outside of the shaker is frosty cold.
- Strain into a rocks glass over ice.
- Garnish with a wedge of lime.
*Saline Solution: Combine 1 tbsp salt and 4 tbsps water in a small saucepan. Heat on medium while stirring. Do not let boil. Stir until completely integrated — no salt sludge should remain at the bottom of the pan. Store in a small dropper bottle. Should keep for at least six months.