- 1 drop Pernod or absinthe
- 3 drops 20% saline/salt solution
- ¾ ounce rich (2:1) simple syrup
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice, strained and chilled
- 2 ounces Flor de Cana 4 Extra Seco rum
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker.
- Add ice, then shake until thoroughly chilled.
- Strain into a coupe. No garnish.
When shaking this drink, you really need to go at it. This isn’t a count-to-three and pour situation; a Daiquiri should be quite cold and quite frothy. Shake vigorously with large ice for around 10 seconds until the exterior of your shaker is chilled.