- 5 drops saline solution* (or pinch salt)
- ½ ounce agave syrup
- ½ ounce Cointreau
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces mezcal (Del Maguey Vida)
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice, then shake for 10-12 seconds until the outside of the shaker is frosty cold.
- Strain into coupe or cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
*Saline Solution: Combine 1 tbsp salt and 4 tbsps water in a small saucepan. Heat on medium while stirring. Do not let boil. Stir until completely integrated — no salt sludge should remain at the bottom of the pan. Store in a small dropper bottle. Should keep for at least six months.