The best roasted Brussels sprouts are golden and crisp on the outside, and irresistibly tender on the inside.
- 1 ½ pounds Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. If desired, line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- To prepare your Brussels sprouts, slice off the nubby ends and remove any discolored or damaged leaves. Cut each sprout in half from the flat base through the top.
- On your baking sheet, combine the halved sprouts, olive oil and salt. Toss until the sprouts are lightly and evenly coated. Arrange the sprouts in an even layer with their flat sides facing down.
- Roast the sprouts until they are tender and deeply golden on the edges, about 17 to 25 minutes. Garnish if desired.
I roasted them 31 minutes and that was WAY TOO LONG. I will try 20 next time.