- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 1 ounce Dolin Rouge sweet vermouth
- 2 ounces Rittenhouse Rye
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass.
- Add ice, then stir until thoroughly chilled.
- Strain into a coupe or Nick & Nora glass.
- Garnish with a Luxardo Maraschino cherry. (If you don’t have a cherry, an orange peel will work in a pinch. You can also opt to use no garnish at all.)
If you’re looking for a minimalist starter pack, you can stop right here. If you can make a solid Manhattan, Old Fashioned, and a couple of Whiskey Sour variations, you’re already well ahead of the curve. Frankly, I’ve been to too many bars that haven’t mastered these drinks. This little setup many not feel like much, but it’s a very solid start.