- 4 bone-in pork-loin chops, 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium peaches, blanched and skinned
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely diced hot red pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Pat chops dry and rub both sides with salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
- Put olive oil in the pan and turn up to high until oil is hot but not smoking.
- Sear two chops at a time on medium high for 5-6 minutes each side, or until instant-read thermometer inserted in the centre reads 160 degrees.
- Transfer chops to a plate and tent with foil until ready to serve with peach-ginger sauce.