- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into rounds
- 2 branches celery, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 7 cups (1.75 litres) chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) wide egg noodles
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper
In a large saucepan over medium heat, soften the vegetables in the butter. Season with salt and pepper. Deglaze with the lemon juice and add the broth. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer gently until the vegetables are al dente, about 10 minutes. Add the noodles and simmer until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken and parsley. When the chicken is heated through, adjust the seasoning and serve.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.