- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 ounce can minced green chiles, drained
- 3/4 cup long grain rice
- 8 ounce beef stock
- 16-ounce can red kidney beans
- 1 pound Andouille, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
- In medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and chiles; saute 3 minutes.
- Add rice and stock. Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- When rice is cooked, stir in beans, sausage and Tabasco sauce. Heat through. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Rice by Rube’s of St. Lawrence Market
- This old standard still works.
- It was maybe even better on the second day.