PREP TIME: 5 MIN
TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
Campbell’s® 30% Less Sodium Seafood Broth makes this simple fish chowder extraordinary!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 Yukon gold potato, diced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 carton Campbell’s® 30% Less Sodium Ready To Use Seafood Broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups chopped raw skinless fish fillet
- 1/2 cup frozen corn niblets, thawed
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat; sauté celery, carrot, onion, bay leaf, dill, thyme, salt and pepper for about 3 min or until onions start to brown. Stir in potatoes and flour; sauté for 2 min.
- Increase heat to medium-high; stir in broth and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium and boil for about 15 min or until potatoes are almost tender.
- Stir in cream; bring to a simmer, stirring often. Stir in fish and corn; simmer, stirring often for 5 min or until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork or seafood is hot. Discard bay leaf. Ladle into bowls and serve.
This turned out great!
I cooked the corn from frozen and used a pound of tilapia fillets.