PREP TIME: 15 MIN
TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 package (227 g) mini bella, white, or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 carton (900 mL) CAMPBELL’S ® Ready To Use Mushroom Broth
- 1 cup chopped kale leaves
- 1 can (540 mL) cannellini or white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves (or ½ tsp (3 mL) dried thyme)
- 1 tbsp Grated Parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
- 2 tbsp crumbled bacon bits topping (optional)
- In a medium soup pot, heat oil over medium-high. Add onions and cook 2-3 minutes or until translucent.
- Stir in mushrooms and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until mushroom are browned.Add garlic, cook 1 minute longer or until fragrant.
- Add remaining ingredients, except toppings, and bring to simmer. Cook 8-10 minutes or until kale is tender.
- Serve immediately with toppings, if desired.