- YIELD: 4 to 6 servings
- TIME: 15 minutes
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 4 tablespoons minced chervil, parsley or dill
- 1 salmon fillet, 1 1/2 to 2 pounds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees. Place the butter and half the herb in a roasting pan just large enough to fit the salmon and place it in the oven. Heat about 5 minutes, until the butter melts and the herb begins to sizzle.
- Add the salmon to the pan, skin side up. Roast 4 minutes. Remove from the oven, then peel the skin off. (If the skin does not lift right off, cook 2 minutes longer.) Sprinkle with salt and pepper and turn the fillet over. Sprinkle with salt and pepper again.
- Roast 3 to 5 minutes more, depending on the thickness of the fillet and the degree of doneness you prefer. Cut into serving portions, spoon a little of the butter over each and garnish with the remaining herb. Serve with lemon wedges.
From here: https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/5703-salmon-roasted-in-butter
From Fresh: 10 minutes at 375 degrees
From Frozen: 30 minutes at 350 degrees
- Much better cooked from frozen