- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Serves: 3, Yield: 6 peppers
- 6 large green peppers
- 1 lb beef, Ground
- 1/2 cup onion, Chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) cans tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup long grain rice, any avalable rice is fine it may afect cooking time though
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, Shredded ( about 4 ounces)
- Cut off the tops of green peppers; discard seeds and membranes.
- Chop enough of the tops to make 1/4 cup, set aside.
- Cook the whole green peppers, uncovered in boiling water for about 5 minutes; invert to drain well.
- Sprinkle insides of the peppers lightly with salt.
- In a skillet cook ground beef, onion and 1/4 cup chopped pepper till meat is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Drain off excess fat. Add drained tomatoes, salt, Worcestershire, and a dash of pepper.
- in a separate pot put water bring to boil add rice cook until rice is soft. if needed add more water.
- add rice to beef mixture.
- Stir in cheese. Stuff peppers with meat mixture. Place in a 10x6x2 baking dish.
- Bake, covered in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. in the last 5 minutes add any remaining cheese to the top of the peppers.
From here: http://www.food.com/recipeprint.do?rid=1356